Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More details then you wanted to know










I'm not sure if these are in the correct order or not, but the important thing to take away is the amount of up and down that these profiles indicate. We're I'm going to (try to) ignore the slope of some of these lines - to do otherwise invites madness and whimpering in a corner under a dusty wool blanket. Let's just say I'm glad I dropped £75 on a cassette with a pie plate on it (a 12-28, if that means anything to anyone other then my husband and the rest of the cycling geeks reading this).

The light of the train bearing down on me in the tunnel is getting a lot bigger and brighter. My plane takes off for Inverness at 11:30 Friday morning, then it's 3 hours by bus up to JOG. Everyone ready?

5 comments:

  1. I'm certain that you will rock this ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Nate's comments - you're going to do great! And, you're going to have fun and have a great adventure. I know you're going to kick some hilly butt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, for God's sake, put those elevation maps away. They're giving me palpitations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both lady. I realized yesterday that the only way this is going to work without sending me into adrenal meltdown is to take it one hour at a time. And to get myself to the airport in time, so off I go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, my hamstrings feel for you! Rest well, baby, and have a good day tomorrow. Love the pictures, and your courage.

    ReplyDelete